Online Masters & Doctorate Programs

RandomJabroni

Online Masters & Doctorate Programs

Post by RandomJabroni » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:40 am

With many traditional campus colleges beginning to offer online programs for graduate and doctoral degrees, I'm curious what experiences (positive and negative) others have had if they elected to go this route.

I completed a Masters degree online while working at the campus it was being offered at. This provided a unique opportunity to still pop over and see professors face to face, even though all of the other students in my courses were completing their work independently. It was at Southern Utah University, and tuition was less than $4500 a semester. Phenomenal value. I highly recommend looking into it for anybody thinking to go that route.

MoveWeight

Re: Online Masters & Doctorate Programs

Post by MoveWeight » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:31 pm

I received my Masters Degree through an online program in 2015. I chose this route mainly because I was already working as a full time salaried Strength Coach. I knew at the time that I would need to earn a Masters to take the next step in my career.

The experience was great, it allowed me to study and earn the degree in the field of study I wanted while working professionally at a different university. The school I was working at didn’t offer a Masters program in Exercise Science/Kinesiology. The program was completely online and all communication with professors was through email or message boards.