Data Collection & Actionable Data

HSCoachS&C

Data Collection & Actionable Data

Post by HSCoachS&C » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:32 pm

Every coach tracks something. The most basic thing to track is 1RMs over time. But most coaches that I k is track data and it gives them no actionable data on where to go next.

What are your methods to tracking data (Google sheets, excel, Software,etc)? What do you track for your population and why? What ACTIONABLE DATA do you get from this that drives your programming?

John Weatherly

Re: Data Collection & Actionable Data

Post by John Weatherly » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:59 pm

I am an outsider looking in but I think there is way too much data collected that is not used. Focus on athletic performance like sprint speed, VJ, sleep, nutrition, etc. first. Get the big rocks in place. Spend time actually coaching not sitting in front of a computer. Train yourself too - some of these people look like they don't even workout. That is my two cents.

RandomJabroni

Post by RandomJabroni » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:55 pm

Simple Test/Retest data collection is not frequent enough, but daily data collection takes time away from the actual training. We need to establish what our Key Performance Indicators are, marry the art of coaching with the science of coaching, and have constant feedback to make sure we're staying on track.

For example, in developmental athlete populations, there are pretty linear correlations between driving up front squat performance and driving up vertical jump. The subjective feedback of improved technique, with the objective feedback of increases in training numbers, should be good feedback that we're on track to drive up the KPI of front squat performance during our retest.

Here are some very simple data collection points that won't break the bank.

Bodyweight - Daily fluctuations are most tied to hydration status. A 5% decrease in body weight from hydration is linked to a 30% decrease in performance

Grip Strength - Good indicator of recovery status. For less than 100 dollars you can purchase a grip dynamometer. When grip strength decreases, interventions may be necessary to enhance nervous system recovery.

Training Maxes - Great for constant evaluation. Don't wait until retest time to see if the 1RM went up. Daily training evaluation is better. If the numbers aren't improving, either the coaching sucks, the program sucks, or the recovery sucks. Measuring out changes in body weight and grip strength can eliminate the question on if it is recovery or not.

Srey Pov

Post by Srey Pov » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:16 pm

Apply allnewgclub today and receive a bonus from two promotions. Firstly, get 10 free spins in each of the 3 available slots (Hot Hot Fruit, Santa's Village and Wild Trucks). Second, deposit your first sign up and receive a 100 percent bonus up to 3,000 baht. Apply now at the link. The bottom

www.allnewgclub.com/

Srey Pov

Post by Srey Pov » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:22 pm

Enjoy countless Allnewgclub online games. That can make you money easily. Just apply for membership at Allnewgclub and receive instant privileges.

πŸ‘‰ Promotion for allnewgclub
πŸ‘‰ Receive a bonus of up to 3,000 baht * when first depositing
10 10 free slots for Hot Hot Fruit, Sata's Village, Wild Trucks
--------------------------------------------
╔══════════════════╗
β™› Apply today. ADD LINE: https://line.me/R/ti/p/@allnewgclub

Call Center 24 hours service 02-508-8798
πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ Get free privileges !! Limited amount πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

Srey Pov

Post by Srey Pov » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:25 am

Enjoy countless Allnewgclub online games. That can make you money easily. Just apply for membership at Allnewgclub and receive instant privileges.

πŸ‘‰ Promotion for allnewgclub
πŸ‘‰ Receive a bonus of up to 3,000 baht * when first depositing
πŸ‘‰ 10 10 free slots for Hot Hot Fruit, Sata's Village, Wild Trucks
--------------------------------------------
╔══════════════════╗
β™› Apply today. ADD LINE: https://line.me/R/ti/p/@allnewgclub

Call Center 24 hours service 02-508-8798
πŸ”₯πŸ”₯ Get free privileges !! Limited amount πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•