Master Your Craft

RandomJabroni

Master Your Craft

Post by RandomJabroni » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:07 pm

It really perplexes me seeing coaches who do not value the mastery of coaching technique or program design. How your athletes perform exercises is a direct reflection on your coaching ability. How you implement progressions, regressions, lateralizations, etc. is a direct reflection on time invested into mastering the craft of program design. As a profession, our industry-standard is that we hospitalize or kill kids every year. That is really bad.

On the Olympic side, I see a trend of athletes exercising instead of training. On the football side, I see a trend of valuing load over quality. I'm not sure if this is an issue of the wrong people making the wrong hires, or perhaps it is a glimpse at the over-read and under-trained nature of some coaches on the Olympic side, and the over-trained and under-read nature of some coaches on the football side. Whatever the cause, I think it is important to emulate coaches who are forward-thinking, get results and have a track record of athletes with health and longevity.

Guys like Paul Jackson, Dave Scholz, Joey Guariscio and Bret Huth are doing great things on the football side.
Schools like Arizona, Washington, Louisiana Lafayette and American University are doing phenomenal things with their Olympic sports.
Coaches like Damon Davis, Jonas Sahratian, Preston Greene and Brianne Brown are killing it on the basketball side.

Be the best in the world at what you do, never stop learning, and take pride in mastering your craft. Success leaves clues, and the coaches listed above all have things in common. I'd highly encourage everyone to do some digging and find our who they think the best coaches in the world are, and figure out what they did to get on that level.

JuicyTowelSpinner

Re: Master Your Craft

Post by JuicyTowelSpinner » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:35 pm

The most dangerous phrase to come out of a coach’s mouth is “we’ve always done it this way”. While this lack there of a deeper train of thought behind the what, how, and why may have seemed to work the last place you worked that won X championship, reduced X injuries, and improved X training PRs, but the problem with all of that is, you ain’t in Kansas anymore Dorthy! Different athletes, with different training maturation, with different resources, and many other different variables ranging from style of play to academic load. So while that mindset may be convenient, especially when you’re copy and pasting your previous mentors program and just changing the dates and watermarks...all I’ve got to say about that is 2 letters and 2 numbers and if you know, you know 🤷‍♂️. In the end the ones who ultimately suffer are the athletes who’s performance is YOUR responsibility, not to mention the young coaches that you’re mentoring who won’t understand why you did something anymore than you did when they move on, all because “this is how you’ve always done it”. So for the sake of yourself, your athletes, your staff, the university you serve, and the profession that some of us care so much about...DO BETTER! I’m not saying to where a lab coat on the field or platform, but for God’s sake open a book, blog, or some research reviews, get on the phone, go on site visits, listen to podcasts, watch presentations in person or on the web. The amount of training resources we have at our finger tips in this day and age is unbelievable, so truth be told you have no excuse!

And that’s the bottom line cause...

Srey Pov

Post by Srey Pov » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:14 pm

Apply allnewgclub today and receive a bonus from two promotions. Firstly, get 10 free spins in each of the 3 available slots (Hot Hot Fruit, Santa's Village and Wild Trucks). Second, deposit your first sign up and receive a 100 percent bonus up to 3,000 baht. Apply now at the link. The bottom

www.allnewgclub.com/

Srey Pov

Post by Srey Pov » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:22 pm

Enjoy countless Allnewgclub online games. That can make you money easily. Just apply for membership at Allnewgclub and receive instant privileges.

👉 Promotion for allnewgclub
👉 Receive a bonus of up to 3,000 baht * when first depositing
10 10 free slots for Hot Hot Fruit, Sata's Village, Wild Trucks
--------------------------------------------
╔══════════════════╗
♛ Apply today. ADD LINE: https://line.me/R/ti/p/@allnewgclub

Call Center 24 hours service 02-508-8798
🔥🔥 Get free privileges !! Limited amount 🔥🔥
╚══════════════════╝

Srey Pov

Post by Srey Pov » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:26 am

Enjoy countless Allnewgclub online games. That can make you money easily. Just apply for membership at Allnewgclub and receive instant privileges.

👉 Promotion for allnewgclub
👉 Receive a bonus of up to 3,000 baht * when first depositing
👉 10 10 free slots for Hot Hot Fruit, Sata's Village, Wild Trucks
--------------------------------------------
╔══════════════════╗
♛ Apply today. ADD LINE: https://line.me/R/ti/p/@allnewgclub

Call Center 24 hours service 02-508-8798
🔥🔥 Get free privileges !! Limited amount 🔥🔥
╚══════════════════╝